j’Originals’ Art & Teaching Studio * Art on Broad Atelier * Joanna A. McKethan Author
July 15, 2014
TO:1 Red Rose Publishing Plaza, Box 129 * 12065 Woodhull Road * Forestport, NY 13338
Dear Red Rose Publishing, Wendi Felter-Gabbidon, Webmistress, and All Legal Entities Related to the Ownership of My Books on Red Rose Publishing Site:
PLEASE TAKE DOWN THE FOLLOWING BOOKS FROM ANY AND ALL OF YOUR SITES AND OTHER BARTERED OR SOLD EXTENSIONS OF YOUR SITES, ASIN: B004XQWMUI,:
- Lady in White, Shadowed Hearts Series, Joanna A. McKethan, Author (has remained on your site in spite of repeated injunctions FROM LAWYER to take it down)
- A Holiday Folly, Joanna A. McKethan, Author (may be down and off all sites already)
YOUR SITE IS DOWN (Section XIIA of contract I terminated, failure to maintain a site)
- I HAVE RECEIVED NO PAYMENTS IN THREE YEARS; MY LAST W-2 was in 2012 for 2011
- We bought back the rights to A Holiday Folly, paying you $200 which you cashed. You have taken that off your site, but may have it in other places I cannot see into.
- We canceled the contract for Lady in White, and informed you within the time span of my taking back the rights to Lady in White, a Shadowed Hearts Series book, in writing with repeated letters from my lawyer Elaine English, even waiting a year to do anything. We have a postal receipt signed in your last name confirming you received my cancellation, a timely receipt.
- You received a cease and desist letter from Elaine English to take my book down from your site, which you ignored.
- I turned my case over to Romance Writers of America to look into.
- I have not been paid any royalties for any books whatsoever in 2012, 2013 or 2014.
- I know people who have bought the book in that time frame.
Repeated notices from my lawyer AND me in regard to taking down Lady in White, Shadowed Hearts Series, off the Red Rose Publishing site, have failed to bring results, have been ignored.
This in no way can be construed as a waiver of my rights to receive payment of any royalties due since the last check tendered in 2011.
In this regard,
Joanna A. McKethan, Author,
with Cc: Elaine English, Lawyer, Allen Lytch